Week 3 Starting Weight: 161.9 lbs
End of Week Avg. Weight: 161.1 lbs
- 5 Days @ 300 carbs, 177 protein, 75 fat
- 2 Days @ 468 carbs, 177 protein, 86 fat
This week I saw my weight stall at around 161 lbs. There was only 1 day this week I dipped into the 160’s, but for the most part I seem to have hit a small plateau. This was to be expected after the first 2 weeks of this mini-cut’s calories still being relatively high. At some point, the body eventually adapts and changes need to be made. That being said, this upcoming week, I will be making a few changes to my macros in order for the fat loss to continue at a good pace.
- This was our second week on Get Stacked 22 off of corygfitness.com. As mentioned last week, the #4amcrew is a week ahead of most of the world on these programs. Definitely ready to get another solid week of training under way!
- My personal training highlights from this past week included at 455lb Sumo Deadlift off of 1 inch mats on Monday (huge PR for me), and a 335lb Paused Lowbar Squat without a belt on Friday (+10lbs over previous PR WITH a belt). I’m very confident I could take 455 off the ground, being as the mats decrease your leg drive. The only lift that is not holding strength at the moment is my bench. However, I don’t believe it is from the calorie deficit, but rather from our programming having a heavy emphasis on other variations of bench press besides a normal, competition style lift. Just out of my “groove” with the lift, that’s all.
Because I was seeing my weight begin to stall early this week, I decided to implement a little bit more cardio rather than decrease my calories in the middle of the week. Here’s what this weeks cardio looked like:
- 1 session of 800m lunges (First 400m w/ weighted vest)
- 1 session of 400m weighted lunges
- 2 sessions of LISS of 150 calories burned each (300 total)
I will keep this cardio for the upcoming week and will rely on the decrease in macros to get the train rolling again!
Again, these were taken this morning after having a high calorie day yesterday so I felt a little softer than normal. When I can eat pizza, homemade chipotle bowls, and brownies on a cut, I’m cool with it. As long as I’m consistent with when I take my progress photo’s then all is good. Even with my body weight stalling this week, I’m feeling tighter and tighter, especially in my legs and back.
**I apologize for the less than ideal back pictures. I had some work done on my rhomboids/mid traps by Dr. Kelly this week and he’s still got me taped up**