So it’s been a few weeks since I’ve updated everyone with exactly what’s going on gotten a new blog post up. I apologize for that, but this last month for me life has been pretty crazy. Since the last update, I have flown back to Georgia for my best friends wedding, MOVED back to Georgia from Ohio, and traveled to North Carolina to help my brother and his family move into their new house….all in consecutive weekends. During this time however, I have done my absolute best to stay on top of my training and nutrition, as I viewed at it as a good test to see how I could handle less than ideal situations. Detailed out below is what direction I have taken with my training during this past month, as well as where my nutrition/macros stand. I’m hoping to get back into being more consistent with my posts, so stay tuned and thanks for reading!
End of Reverse Diet Week 1 (4/23/17) Avg. Weight: 159.0 lbs
End of Reverse Diet Week 4 (5/14/17) Avg. Weight: 157.9 lbs
- As I explained in the last post, Reverse Dieting is strategically increasing your calories over a period of time in order to keep your metabolism in check. Over the last 3-4 weeks, I have been able to increase my current daily macros to: 375c 175p 100f, while actually DROPPING weight. This is actually a blessing in disguise as I am currently looking to add lean muscle mass, but this simply means my metabolism is doing it’s job. There will eventually be a time where I reach a good caloric surplus where I am steadily gaining a little bit of weight each week.
- One thing I have been doing also is implementing “Free Meals” on the weekends. During the week, I will hit my macros as close as possible. Then, usually on Friday night I will go out for a meal of whatever I want, and again for 1 more meal on Saturday or Sunday. Notice I said MEAL, and not DAY. This has allowed me some more flexibility in my diet, all while staying on track with my goals.
- Having finished up a really short, but very intense 4 week program a good friend of mine had put together during the last couple of weeks, my strength is still at its highest point given this bodyweight.
- However, these past 2 weeks – and moving forward for the foreseeable future – I am putting 100% of my focus into bodybuilding style training. I know I have mentioned this before, but it has always been secondary to my strength training and do not feel like I have been able to get all out of it that it’s worth. My main priorities still remain the same – to grow my arms, back thickness, and legs.
- No significant PR’s have been hit, or probably will be hit in the near future (besides rep PR’s) but I will still train my heavy compound movements 1-2x each per week.
Another huge change since the last update and the first week of the reverse diet is the amount of cardio I have been doing. I have DECREASED to a great degree the amount and intensity I have been implementing, all while seeing the changes on the scale as outlines above. The goal is to eventually be doing ZERO cardio and rely solely on weight training as my aerobic base. Last update my cardio was at:
- 1 session of 800m lunges (First 400m w/ weighted vest)
- 1 session of 400m weighted lunges
- 2 sessions of LISS of 150 calories burned each (300 total)
Currently, my cardio sits at:
- 1 session of 15 minutes weighted lunges
- 1 session of LISS of 250 calories burned
These photos were taken Sunday morning (5/14/17) straight out of bed. I know the angles and lighting of the progress photos aren’t the best, but for the time being it is what we’re working with. Or until I find a better spot at my parent’s house! Ha!